Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) aka Communications as a Service (CaaS) allows you to implement best-of-breed telecom systems without the expense of buying, hosting, managing, upgrading, and maintaining expensive equipment. VoIP is also referred to as “unified communications”, “hosted communications”, or “hosted VoIP”. This emerging cloud – based service is a perfect fit for many progressive firms who desire the benefits and flexibility of the latest voice and data service technology, but do not want to make a huge capital investment in today’s uncertain economic climate.
The most important thing to remember when evaluating VoIP is that not all providers are created equal. Not by a long shot! It pays to understand the capabilities and unique qualities of all of the top-tier providers, which are growing and changing on a daily basis. At eXemplify Group, we have devoted substantial time and resources to studying and ranking the providers we believe stand out above all the rest when it comes to VoIP so that we can streamline the evaluation process for our clients.
We are always happy to share our insights on VoIP based on our extensive client experience. Feel free to contact us today to schedule your no-obligation assessment by calling 469-361-5700 or by clicking here.
The Top 10 Benefits VoIP Offers:
- Eliminate cost of ownership — the numbers don’t lie
- Operating expense vs. Capital expense
- More functionality — countless combinations of features and services
- Automatic upgrades — no more down time when new software or patches are pushed out to the field
- Minimal complexity and risk — easy to adopt and adapt
- Productivity anywhere — unprecedented mobility features allow your workforce to work from anywhere at anytime
- Scalability — 60 users this month, 75 next month, 45 the next…only pay for what you need.
- Minimal IT support required —100% supported in the cloud, users manage their own features
- Predictable costs — no big hardware or maintenance charges
- More time to focus on your success — if telecom is not something you need or care to master, CaaS is a perfect alternative
When is the best time to consider VoIP?
While there is no right or wrong time to evaluate VoIP as a means of improving your overall business productivity, our experience shows that there are some key trigger events that tend to put the CaaS evaluation process on a faster track.
- An aging phone system — anything over 4 years is probably fast approaching obsolescence
- Phone system lease up for renewal — lease financing is far harder to find these days, more expensive than it used to be AND still hits the books as a long-term liability as opposed to an operating expense
- Moving — the vast majority of companies do not see the value in moving their existing premised-based phone system
- Multi-location companies — the logistics of managing different locations with different systems is a losing proposition
- Hiring more mobile workers — as it becomes more the norm to have a field-based team, companies really need to evaluate new solutions
- Maintenance — the phone vendor is telling you it is time for an expensive maintenance upgrade
- Call center set up or upgrades — this can be a huge capital investment and companies need to be very strategic about how they approach it